Market Report - September 18
- Tomatoes - US tomatoes going into an extreme market. Entire Florida Crop was wiped out with Hurricane Irma.
- Asparagus - supplies are scarce due to Hurricane Irma.
- Berries - Extreme heat in growing regions still affecting yields, pricing will remain on the up. Supplies limited until early Fall.
- Citrus-Lemons/Oranges - Sizing still an issue, advise being flexible to fill orders.
- Avocados - A couple more weeks of elevated prices before falling off.
- Arugula/Spring Mix & Cilantro - High heat in growing regions affecting quality - Expect shorter shelf life on tender leafed items. Please adjust your orders accordingly.
- Brussels Sprouts - Insect pressure still a concern. Supply to be an issue.